Friday, August 28, 2009

hair blowin' in the hot wind, time hangin' from a clothes pin

We spent yesterday cruising down hwy 1.. we stopped off in Santa Cruz and Capitola and spent the afternoon with Aaron who rode with us sixty or so miles. For those of you who have driven down the coast you know how beautiful hwy 1 is, but I am here to tell you it is different on the bike, instead of viewing the scenery you become a part of it. It is elemental. We spent my birthday evening in Big Sur we camped right on the pacific. And we had an amazing time and didn't have to spend a dime thanks to the kindness of strangers.. We awoke this morning early and had coffee at our tent (provided again by the kindness of strangers) and hit the road, we have some miles to make today, we are going to Long Beach. I hope we get there in good time because I'm just dying to get in that ocean!

On another note Joey left his cell phone on the curb outside a Chevron about 150 miles north of San Francisco.. so if you have been trying to reach him forget it you will have to call me instead.. If you don't have my number just email me @ ilikethatbike@gmail.com

more soon,
much much peace

No comments:

Post a Comment