Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day Ten?

Day 2 in Seattle and we are happy.

We got here yesterday afternoon and have been spending time with our dear friend Al and our new friend Sarah. They have been incredibly kind and hospitable to us and we have been having a great time. We are at Mr. Spots Chai House and Joey is playing some songs and I have been trying to get the photos off of my phone onto the computer so I can post photos, videos etc... But suprise, suprise it isn't working. I hope to fix the problem and get back to it soon.

Seattle has been great, like I believe I have already said. Yesterday was incredible and beautiful the drive into the city. That whole last stretch through Snoqualmie ridge is just breathtaking. It has been one great destination after another for us and we are just feeling relaxed and blessed to be somewhere new and beautiful each day.

I wanted to touch on a little bit from the first few days of our trip when I was unable to post.
Day one driving to Chicago was exciting, we hung out at the Hideout for a little bit before meeting up with our lovely friend and hostess for the night Rachael. We went and grabbed a slice of Chicago pizza down the block from her apt. Then headed back to the Hideout and caught up with friends of ours who live in the area. Christina and Matthew, Brian and Joy and of course the always refreshing Crazy Kent Seaver. We had a great time and spent the next afternoon walking around the city had our coffee and breakfast accross the street at the Gallery Cafe. Where I had the Kahlo, a spicy breakfast burrito and Joey had the Manet which he pronounced 'Man- net' and got some quips from the barista behind the counter. We vistited the bookstores and the bike shops in Wicker Park before packing up the bike and heading out.

The ride to Madison was nice, we took back roads and took our time, when we got to Madison it took us far to long to find the venue which is so properly named area 51.
The show was a very ecclectic mix of acts. We met Steve and Stacey there who invited us to crash on their couch. After the show we all rode (they too on a motorcycle) to a little rural dive called Beck's in Oregon, WI about 15 miles out of Madison. We met a character named Showtime who was Steve's best friend and he had a knife that I believe he mentioned he bought off of an infomercial and spent half an hour cutting quarters in half and cutting the edge off of dimes. I want to go more into Steve and Showtime and Patches and the CC Riders but I promised I would let Joey tell that story. I will talk about Steve and Stacey's family a little bit though.

We awoke Saturday morning to coffee and french toast and got to meet their children. Mikey, Sariah and Murphy.. We were both amazed at how amazingly well behaved these kids were. Joey played some songs for everyone, we sat around and got to know eachother a bit, looked at photos, told stories, got into a bit of a water fight to cool down and had a light lunch before we took off.

We were sad to leave, and will keep in touch with them and hopefully reconnect again soon.



Tonight we are going to a house party in Capital Hill to play and drink and hang out and have a great time because tomorrow morning we hop on the bike again and head for Portland!

Ok, I'm afraid that is all the time I have for now to update but I will do what I can to get you the rest of the photos soon.

much peace and love

1 comment:

  1. Be safe! Thomas misses aunt darla and loves the postcards! Sputnik misses his mommy and is actually being nice to me! hahaha Love you guys! Go to Forks! =p

    ReplyDelete